#HIMYM or @HIMYM_CBS) The comedy TV show is still one of the most popular in February 2013, which talks about the lives of five friends. Ted Mosby is the main character and the show has won six Emmy awards. The show airs every Monday and has started its ninth and final season on January 30, 2013.. See how hashtag engagement spikes up on this day, but steadily goes throughout the rest of the week.
2. The Vampire Diaries (#tvd or @VampireDiaries) Vampire Diaries is a romantic TV series which covers the lives of two vampire brothers who fall in love with the same human girl. Together they deal with other supernatural beings like witches, werewolves and warlocks in a modern setting.
3. Castle (#Castle or @Castle_ABC) Castle is one of the most-watched TV shows in February 2013, following its acquiring the People?s Choice Awards in January as Favorite TV Crime Drama and Favorite TV Drama Actor. The story revolves around Richard Castle, an NYPD detective and Kate Beckett, a best-selling mystery writer who solves crimes together, despite the fact that there is constant tension brewing between them.
4. Grey?s Anatomy (#GreysAnatomy or @ABCGreysAnatomy) The TV show is one of the most popular TV drama series, being the highest-rated drama among individuals 18 to 49 years old. It used to be among the top-rated shows in America. The show was on its ninth season on September 27, 2012 and is still going strong among long-time and new followers.
5. Spartacus (#Spartacus) The tragedy sitcom is the third of the series, which now stars Liam McIntyre after the death of Andy Whitfield who starred in the first season. The third and final season aired on January 25, 2013 and is called ?Spartacus: War of the Damned?. It is one of the sitcoms to watch out for especially for epic and action fans. The story revolves around the adventures of a Thracian gladiator.
6. Hawaii Five-0 (#H50 or @HawaiiFive0CBS) The TV show is a police procedural drama which was derived from an original TV series which ran from 1968 to 1980. The show is now on its third season, which started in September 2012. The setting is in Hawaii and revolves around the lives and activities of an elite task force.
7. The Carrie Diaries (#carriediaries) The story revolves around love, sex and money as actress Anna Sophia Robb and Josh Schwartz of Gossip Girl and The O.C. team up to thrill drama fans all over the United States. The TV sitcom airs on CW. It's hashtag engagement isn't as high as the other top TV shows for now, but it has quite a steady following among fans of the older Sex and the City series.
8. The Walking Dead (#TheWalkingDead) The zombie drama aired its third season in February and is on a roll after the second season was highly rated by fans all around the globe. The story features the lives of Rick Grimes and his followers during a zombie apocalypse and how they manage to survive and outlive each other. The show has a massive hashtag following!
More TV show producers are actually starting to incorporate social media participation to increase engagement and hopefully invite more advertisers to invest, knowing how much attention the shows are getting through hashtag analytics and data.